This one hour screencast is a live example of upgrading a real-world application from Rails 2.3.5 to Rails 3. It demonstrates the most common steps to upgrade your Rails application to the latest version. It also includes several links to articles and resources about Rails 3.
The video is available for $8.99, about 7,5€. You can view the video page or purchase it by clicking on the following button.
This is my first screencast for ThinkCode.TV and, hopefully, it won’t be the last. With the ThinkCode.TV team we’re currently evaluating additional Ruby/Rails screencast topics. If you have any idea, feel free to let us know.
- Upgrading to Rails 3: Beware of the Object#tap pattern
- Upgrading to Rails 3: You are using the old router DSL which will be removed in Rails 3.1
- The Road to Rails 3: make your Rails 2.3 project more Rails 3 oriented
- RSpec Rails doesn’t render Rails views by default
- Testing Rails: How to test Rails ActiveRecord Named Scopes